Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pumpkin Pasta


This dinner was soooo good. It is Pumpkin Sausage Pasta. I took a mix of a recipe from Taste of Home and Rachael Ray.

  • box of uncooked pasta of choice (I used colorful rotinini to sneak in extra veggies)
  • 1/2 lb sausage (I used chicken apple sausage)
  • 1/2 medium onion
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 tsp sage
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Parmesan cheese for the top
*all of the spices can be used to taste I just sprinkled and didn't measure really
Directions
Cook pasta normally.
Cook the sausage and onions in a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil until sausage is no longer pink. (I bought already cooked sausage so I just cooked it to mix with the onion) Stir in the chicken broth, pumpkin, and spices. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened. Drain and add pasta to sauce. Serve with Parmesan cheese on top.
Mine is served with a harvest salad of greens, apples, raisins, and veggies. (Pecans would be good too) and this FABOULOUS POPPY SEED DRESSING
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup white vinager
  • 1 tsp ground mustard
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup oil (of choice)
  • 1 Tbsp poppy seed
*I know it seems like alot of sugar but this makes ALOT of dressing, almost 2cups and I don't use alot of dressing on my salad so I justify it that way too.


No comments:

Post a Comment