Thursday, January 28, 2010
Cookbook review - Chocolate Bouchons
One of my colleagues gave me this cookbook to try. I am a French teacher so it makes sense that I love the movie Ratatouille :) I also love to cook and many of these recipes I will be able to try with my students in French club too. I thought I would do a bit of a review while I test the recipes.
#1 - Chocolate Bouchons (of course I started with a chocolate one)
I had to modify the recipe because it called for 3 STICKS OF BUTTER! Yikes!
3/4 c. Flour
1 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 C sugar plus 2 Tbsp
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup butter (1 and 1/2 sticks) melted and just slightly warm
3/4 cup applesauce
some chocolate chips about 1/2 bag
Confectioners' sugar to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Sift together first three ingredients and set aside
3. Mix in eggs and sugar on med. speed until pale in color
4. Add vanilla
5. Melt butter and mix the applesauce with the butter
6. On low speed add a little of the dry ingredients and alternate with the butter mixture
7. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 min cool a few minutes on rack
8. Invert the muffin cups and sprinkle with powdered sugar to serve.
9. I also drizzled a little chocolate syrup too :)