Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm opening my refrigerator

Well I am bearing all and opening up my fridge. So many people take pics of their groceries I thought that I would try to mix it up a bit and take a pic of my fridge.

You know how you open it up and take inventory each night to make decisions on what to make for dinner, what to pack for lunch, what leftovers can I get my husband to eat. Basically, you have to be a human computer to assess what needs to be used when, how close are you to expiration on each item, what can be combined with what to make up an edible and healthy dinner, the list goes on and on. I know you know what I am talking about.

TOP SHELF
Leftover mac n cheese and tomato soup = lunch tomorrow, pasta sauce, chicken stock, various salad dressing, our Brita, and I think there is some relish from a year or so ago peaking out behind the water. OH and some organic bread and butter pickles which I was so happy to find last shopping trip since I found out that the conventional ones have yellow dye in them.

MIDDLE SHELF
Huge butter,(which I was talked into and we won't use up for about 4 months), fresh Parmesan cheese, the terrible lunch meat that my husband bought by accident (earlier post), some organic sour cream, pizza sauce, and hummus.

BOTTOM SHELF
I usually keep the meat I need to use on the bottom left. Right now there is the chicken sausage to make my pumpkin pasta for this week. On the right is where I usually keep the drinks.

DRAWER
In the drawer is always some string cheese because my boys love to grab this as a snack, there is the lunch meat I wanted to have in the house, and some provolone for sandwiches.

BOTTOM TWO DRAWERS

LEFT = VEGGIES - Carrots, Snap Peas, Onion, box of Organic Salad Mix
RIGHT = FRUIT - Apples, Green Grapes, Couple Clementines

No comments:

Post a Comment