Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Happy First Day of Spring

Well it is finally here!  The first day of spring and I decided to 'spring clean' my blog to welcome in the new season.

I am excited to be on the verge of fresh local produce.  Trying to eat local in New York is very difficult in the winter.

This is my second year to attempt a garden.  What you see here is my pepper plant.  They take soooo long to germinate that you must start them early.  18 weeks is what my seed packet said. I didn't get any peppers last year.

I have a small raised garden.  It is one way to make the trip shorter from food source to table.  Gardens are alot of work though and I rely on my farmer's market and local farmers' road side stands more than on my little garden. There is a certain pride, however, when you can say you grew what you are eating.  Plus my sons get a kick out of it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment