Another idea this week adapted from Rachel Ray's magazine AND it fit into my budget friendly meal plan this week.
I have to admit I was skeptical of the strategy but it worked and worked well.
1. Warm up some olive oil and add garlic (careful not to burn)
2. Put in a cup of bread crumbs and toast in pan
3. Remove from pan and put in a greased 9'' pie plate
3. Steam some frozen broccoli
4. In a bowl beat 4 eggs and about a cup of milk
5. Add 1cup parmesean cheese, some parsley, salt and pepper to egg/milk mixture
6. Add some chopped ham (again I used Hormel natural sandwich meat with no nitrates)
Put it together
1. Lay the broccoli on top of your toasted bread crumbs in pie plate
2. Pour egg mixture on top shaking the pie plate a little to settle the mix
3. Bake for 20-25 min (rotate 1/2 way through) in 425 degree oven
The crust turns out AMAZING.