Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Farmers Market Haul

I got all of this from my indoor Farmer's Market today
For under $30.00 *chicken $11.00
Organic chicken, green beans, scallions, carrots, eggs, cheese, and in the back is pak choi, lettuce, and spinach.  

We still have snow on the ground where I live but there are farmers who are growing produce inside greenhouses and bringing it to the Farmer's market. 

This week's menu is a little less on a budget.  I am splurging.  Especially with this organic chicken which I am not sure I can make into something tasty for my family.  

Saturday - Taco Salad (lettuce, scallions, cheese from above)
Sunday -  Pulled barbecue chicken sandwiches on homemade hamburger rolls
Monday - Pasta and sauce with tossed salad (lettuce, spinach, scallions, carrots, egg)
Tuesday - Chinese (Anne Chun's chow mein box) (green beans, pak choi, carrots, scallions)
Wednesday - (Happy Birthday to me and my son) - Tuna noodle casserole and applesauce at my sisters
Thursday - I think leftovers
Friday - Meatless - Pierogies with apple green bean saute as a side dish (green beans, scallions)


No comments:

Post a Comment