Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another week's menu on a budget

Monday - Penne pasta and sauce with tossed salad (oranges, slivered almond, and orange vinaigrette)
Tuesday - Hot ham (Hormel's) and cheese (from Farmer's market) sandwiches and salad
Wednesday - Taco salad
Thursday - St' Pats day - Pesto pasta, clover rolls, broccoli
Friday - (Meatless for lent) - Potato/Cheddar chowder with leftover clover rolls


I spent under 50$ this week. Once again, I went to "the big W" instead of grocery store.   I do not buy produce or meat from there.  So I headed to my farmers market.  I didn't know it was still going throughout the winter.  They had just moved inside a local store front.  I wish I would have known sooner.

I still got my CSA farm share of oranges, apples, onion, garlic, and this week cayenne peppers.  (A post about the peppers later).  I stopped at the farmers market for lettuce and cheese for this week's menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment