Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Breakfast on the Go idea

I know it doesn't look awesome, I am working on this recipe.  I got the idea from Deb @ Lincoln recipe swap when she commented on my breakfast post - *Always accepting ideas please*. 

I had made some clover rolls for St' Patrick's day and I am not a bread maker so call it fate that Deb commented on my post the day before I was going to make some bread dough. 

I used some of my dough to make these breakfast pockets which I froze, thawed the night before I wanted them, and popped them in the microwave in the morning. I rolled out two circles and put some scrambled eggs, cheese, and ham (Homel's :) in the middle and topped with another circle then crimped with a fork.  I guessed when I baked them and based the time on the roll recipe. 

The concept is great.  I need to work on my dough though because it is a little dense and bland.  I like these sandwiches though, and I dip mine in salsa to add a bit more taste. (and some veggies too).  Like I said, it is a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment