Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Locavore Shopping

Here are my groceries for this week as I try to live local.  I have the last of my CSA for winter from a local farm and my farmers market haul this week.  There was a stop at the grocery and, I admit, some weak purchases, but I am working on it.
CSA = Community Supported Agriculture 
My last pick up for winter. 


Apples, Chilies, Onions, Potatoes, Wheat Bread, Garlic, and Apple Muffins PLUS Oranges and Grapefruit ,
$33.00 (two week supply)

Farmer's Market stop - $33.00
Beets, Spinach, Lettuce, 2 bags Green Beans, 2 kinds of Cheese, Ground beef, Honey Wheat Bread, Cheese curds, Cookies, and Flour 

Grocery Store - $49.00
Peanuts, Goldfish, Applesauce*, Noodles*, Parmasean, Chicken Stock, Walnuts, Broccoli*, Organic Chicken, Ham, Sweetened Condensed Milk, Cheese*
*(For my son's birthday party)

Price total -$99.00 this week

No comments:

Post a Comment